20 Weird Questions That Will Give You a Little
Insight Into Who I am
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
OK so it’s not really a snack, COFFEE! On days like this when it’s chilly and I have been able to cut off the air conditioner, I love to curl up in the corner of my couch with a snuggly blanket, a warm cup of coffee and peruse blogland.
2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
Most of my life I dreamed of living someplace where I could have the beach out the front door and the mountains out back. However, I don’t understand living somewhere that has a very likely chance of getting destroyed by a hurricane and I don’t want to be snowed in. These days I would say farm. Hubs and I plan to move to the country when I finish school. Can’t say that I want a full functioning farm, but a farmhouse would rock!
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
Probably laundry since I have get it all together, carry it down the stairs, shove it into my little car, drag it into the Laundromat, spend an absorbent amount of money to turn around and repeat the process in reverse.
5. Who do people say you remind them of?
<fill in the blank> I guess I have one of those faces, I inevitably remind someone of someone they know.
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
I love to hang out at home with Hubs and pup but I also love parties, as long as they are low key & small.
7. What's your all time favorite movie?
I am not much of a movie person much to Hubs’ dismay. I enjoy them, but I dread watching a movie more than once. One of the few exceptions is You’ve got mail. Not because of the sappy romantic comedy, but because of the fabulous Shop around the Corner!!!
8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
Guilty! If it doesn’t come off in the shower, it probably stays there.
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I don’t know about a hidden talent, but I come from a long line of quilters and have never had a lesson (at least since I was a little girl when I would sit up under my Granny's quilting loom and watch her stitches from underneath.)
10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
Besides accumulating so much clutter…..nothing that I can think of
11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
Hubs and I met while I was being a DD for my rather tall, rather muscular, rather brooding cousin. Cuz and I grew up dancing together (our whole family loves to dance) and since he was trying to forget a woman & not find a new one, he and I danced together most of the evening. Hubs walked over from across the room and despite the rather large man by my side, asked me to dance. I have been in this situation enough to know that the only men who ever asked me to dance while Cuz is around is 1)when Cuz has a woman with him or 2)the guy asking knows that he is my cousin. Already slightly impressed that he was bold enough to ask, I was even more impressed that he talked my ear off the entire night (Later to find out that he is really quite shy and talks very little. I was however slightly put off that he asked me to walk outside so we could hear each other better and immediately walked over to his brand new sports car! What kind of woman did he think I was! I have never dated a guy because of his car, in fact most of the guys I dated didn’t own a car & now this guy thinks he can bring me out and impress me with a car! (I drive that car now so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much and I still tease him about this). What you should know is that when I met Hubs I was not looking and didn’t want anyone to find me either. I tried to run him off by telling him how awful I am & built up as many walls as I could to keep him out. He was kind of like the prince who slayed the dragon (asked me to dance despite Cuz’s presence) & scaled the (my)walls to save me. Who wouldn’t fall for Prince Charming!
12. What is something you love to smell?
Clothes fresh out of the dryer, patchouli, J&J baby lotion, spring rain, YC clean cotton, Nag Champa
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I complain too much!
14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?
Buy clothes, craft supplies, or use it as an excuse not to cook!
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
Silent, Hubs hates that I don’t laugh at movies when he is laughing loud enough to wake the neighbors. Kids and animals make me laugh the most
16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
money no object…… Barnes & Noble (I could spend a fortune!), Pier 1, Avenue
frugal minded…… Dollar Tree & Big Lots
17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
read for pleasure
18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
frugal but not completely by choice
19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)?
I don’t know that I could pick just one! I love the characters in Sherwood Anderson’s “Winesburg Ohio”
20. Would you want to be famous?
No! I love my alone time to much for Paparazzi madness.