Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

thankful

This year has been a whirlwind of things to be thankful for!

I am thankful for God’s sovereign grace! For years I turned away from the face of God and sought other paths. I am so thankful that God loves me enough to love me even though I turned away. I am thankful that he loved me so much that he sent his son to die so that I may LIVE!

I am thankful to have a wonderful husband who loves me and supports me in all things. I am NOT the easiest person to put up with! But I can honestly say he loves me more everyday despite the gray hairs I put on his head (he will deny them)!

I am thankful for Sara, who came along with hubs as a package deal! Am I a blessed woman or what!?! She is an amazing young lady who is growing up far too quickly! She is an amazing student, a talented athlete & I can’t wait to watch her grow into a woman.

Last year I found a scraggly looking pup at our apartment that looked a lot like an malnourished hyena. She was so ugly she was cute. Hubs had been asking for a dog & I kept saying no & I definitely did not want a puppy (They are adorable but we don’t have the time one takes). I am so thankful we took her in. She is the most amazing pup! and I am thankful that we are finally over the puppy phase!

My family tree is full of nuts!!!! But I love those nuts & am so thankful to call them family!

I am thankful for our families health! This year has been an exasperating year when it comes to health. My Daddy spent months in the hospital not knowing what was wrong. We finally found out that he has Multiple Myeloma. Not the greatest news in the world, but after months of not knowing, anything was good news! He has had a series of MM related health issues and has been in and out of the hospital this year & is likely facing more time in to have surgery on a collapsed lung that doesn’t seem to want to heal on its own. Please keep him in your prayers! My mother has also had a lot of health issues and has had her share of time in the hospital also. She is home now and seems to be healing slowly but surely. It may sound strange to be thankful for such things, but we know what’s wrong & when you know you can start to fix it, which is why..

I am thankful for doctors! My Daddy’s cardiologist (he has high output heart failure as a side effect of the MM & it’s thankfully starting to clear up) is a young guy who has been practicing medicine for a few years but Daddy was his first cardiology patient. He said early on in the process that he thought it was MM, but none of the other doctors seemed to want to even look in that direction. Finally they listened and now we are on our way. So I am thankful for Dr. Hemphill who has been an amazing doc!!!! And more generally, I am thankful that we have doctors to go to. So many people in this world have no access to medical care! I feel blessed to be able to go to the doc when I need to.

I am thankful for our amazing friends. I have always been one who said I had many acquaintances but few friends! Never more have I believed that more. With my busy life, I rarely get a chance to spend time with those I call friend but they are ALWAYS there!

I am thankful that Hubs & I have a place to lay our heads at night. We fuss all of the time about the place, but we are blessed to have it. We just can’t wait till the day that we are blessed to have a house to call our own.

I am thankful that Hubs & I have jobs! We both work for the state & they are constantly laying off. I have had furlough days but we are so blessed to be among the few in the world that have a job & can afford a home, medical care & food.

I am thankful that we live in America. For all the reasons I can think of to complain about this place and its current state, we are really blessed to live in a land where we have freedom to live & worship as we wish & I pray that it remains that way!!

I am also thankful for the wonderful blog-friends who lift me up!

Thank you!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I love your thankful tree! Have a HAPPY thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We so enjoyed reading this post!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Kevin and Layla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture! A Beautiful post!! Have a Wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly written! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day has been full of great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and wonderful photo. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!