Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Resolution

prayercarelogo3-150x150

Health

Hubs and I have been talking about resolutions for a few weeks now. During that time, Sarah @ Clover Lane had this inspiring post. Just in time to as my resolution list grows longer and longer. All of my resolutions seemed to revolve around a central theme luckily…….Health. Both my physical health & my spiritual health.

I have always been a “big girl” as long as I can remember. And probably 90% of the time it doesn’t bother me. But this year has been an eye-opener when it comes to health…..not size……HEALTH. At this point in my life, I don’t care if I ever get into a size 12…..yes that was once my goal, but I want to be healthy!!!

By the grace of God, I was born with a perfectly healthy body & over the years I have neglected that gift.

I think growing physically healthy will allow me to grow spiritually as well. Here are just a few verses that are helping me get a jump start!

 

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

 

 

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

 

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Romans 12:1-2

May you all have a very healthy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!